Job ID: SDHR18
Location: San Diego, California, USA
Based in San Diego, CA, Biological Dynamics, Inc. (BioDyn) is a privately held molecular diagnostics company and a pioneer in the field of Alternating Current Electrokinetics (ACE)-based diagnostics. At BioDyn, we are developing novel diagnostic solutions to screen, diagnose and manage high burden conditions, such as cancer. Our diverse team shares passion for improving patient care, a focus on cutting-edge technology, and a deep commitment to innovation, which shapes the future of our company and drives our innovative culture. To learn more about BioDyn, please visit our website, www.BiologicalDynamics.com, or feel free to view a TEDx Talk given by BioDyn’s Co-founder and CEO, Dr. Raj Krishnan, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsOYqJ4ShA.
Of immediate need to BioDyn is a full-time Sr. Director of Human Resources to help lead the company through the next phase of its growth and development. This role will be responsible for providing both strategic and tactical human resources, payroll and facilities management support.
The ideal candidate for this Sr. Director of Human Resources role will possess in-depth experience in infrastructure development, change management, culture development; leadership coaching and staff development. In addition, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with, and thrive in, an entrepreneurial environment which necessitates a hands-on approach at all levels.
• Acts as consultant and business partner to help employees achieve business objectives and increase the overall effectiveness of the company;
• Works to improve the company’s design and structure, provide change leadership as the company increases in size, and provide leadership coaching at all levels;
• Plays an integral role in the creation of a positive company culture that fosters happy and engaged employees, innovation, productivity, and a sense of purpose and ownership.
• Drives recruitment and selection, employee development, performance management, and workforce planning, all of which need to reinforce the desired company culture;
• Works closely with leadership to anticipate employee and organizational issues;
• Develops strong partnerships with leadership, and employees alike, to generate value-added services that maximize HR’s contribution to the company;
• Guides employees on all employment policies and procedures;
• Ensures adherence to federal and state regulatory requirements and employment law in relation to practices, policies and issues;
• Conducts employee engagement evaluations and exit interviews to analyze data and make recommendations for corrective action and continuous improvement
• Collaborates and/or manages various HR projects and initiatives in areas such as HRIS; strategic and tactical recruitment planning; performance management; organizational and employee development, wellness; compensation; training and career development; and rewards and recognition.
• Manages and processes the semi-monthly payroll through ADP’s Workforce Now system;
• Functions as the company’s 401k Administrator;
• Provides guidance and direction to the Office Manager and provides oversight in the areas of purchasing and facilities management; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 15 years of generalist HR experience or equivalent combination of experience and education in the medical device, diagnostics, biotech, or pharmaceutical industry;
• Evidence of professional accreditation such as PHR, SPHR, CCP, or continuing education credits preferred:
• Experience with the management of recruitment, organizational effectiveness, employee relations, compensation/benefits and staff development;
• Demonstrated ability to understand the company’s business and develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges;
• Sound knowledge of applicable employment laws, regulations and business practices related to the field of Human Resources;
• Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with company standards, practices, policies, procedures and regulations (state and federal);
• Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and a consultative approach;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written);
• Must have proven ability to interact with and influence at all levels; and
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel; intermediate knowledge with PowerPoint.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As well, s/he may occasionally be required to stand and/or move about the office. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, innovative team focused on developing cutting-edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biological Dynamics is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.