Job ID: MM2018
Location: San Diego, California, USA
Based in San Diego, CA, Biological Dynamics, Inc. (BioDyn) is a privately held molecular diagnostics company and a pioneer in the field of Alternating Current Electrokinetics (ACE)-based diagnostics. At BioDyn, we are developing novel diagnostic solutions to screen, diagnose and manage high burden conditions, such as cancer. Our diverse team shares a passion for improving patient care, a focus on cutting-edge technology, and a deep commitment to innovation, which shapes the future of our company and drives our innovative culture. To learn more about BioDyn, please visit our website, www.BiologicalDynamics.com, or feel free to view a TEDx Talk given by BioDyn’s Co-founder and CEO, Dr. Raj Krishnan, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsOYqJ4ShA.
Of immediate need to BioDyn is a full-time Marketing Manager to manage the development and execution of clinical marketing and commercialization initiatives in our Oncology segment. As a member of our dynamic Commercial Operations team, you will be working on multiple fast-moving initiatives in the evolving space of Oncology Diagnostics. This is a unique opportunity to be a key contributor in bringing to market cutting-edge diagnostic solutions for Oncology. The most successful candidate for this Marketing Manager role will be a fast learner who is highly collaborative and possesses sound judgment and exceptional time management skills. The ideal candidate must be comfortable with, and thrive in, an entrepreneurial environment which necessitates a hands-on approach at all levels.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the product launch strategy, as well as the long-term market and product strategy for the Oncology segment;
- Write copy for marketing materials, collaborate with the internal team and external agencies to develop marketing content (campaigns, positioning, messaging, etc.) and collateral. Interface with Product Development, Quality, Clinical and other teams to ensure strategic alignment and coordination of initiatives;
- Contribute to, and update over time, the relevant chapters of the Design Control documents, including the Customer Requirements Document (CRD) and the Product Requirements Document (PRD). Training will be provided;
- Collect and analyze market research information which includes, but is not limited to, participation in the conducting and documenting of user and customer interviews, and the planning and execution of focus group meetings with varying types of current and potential clients;
- Perform competitive research and benchmarking, to include the identification of key thought leaders in the industry;
- Drive, track, and forecast relevant business metrics (revenue, growth targets, etc.);
- Coordinate and represent the company at industry events and during customer visits, conduct lead follow up, and provide regular updates to the management;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, business or medicine is required. MBA preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in regional or global diagnostics marketing, or a Product Management role within the Clinical Diagnostics industry in Oncology;
- Experience with the design and execution of marketing programs and launches of clinical products and/or lab-developed tests in the US Oncology segment. Experience with both US and EU markets preferred;
- Experience with marketing to health care providers and clinical laboratories;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to learn and communicate complex medical topics;
- Expert proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; comfortable with Salesforce and Google Docs; and
- Possesses a can-do positive attitude, which is a must!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As well, s/he may occasionally be required to stand and/or move about the office. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, innovative team focused on developing cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Biological Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to BioDyn.Hr@BiologicalDynamics.com.