Job ID: EA2018
Location: San Diego, California, USA
Based in San Diego, CA, Biological Dynamics, Inc. (BioDyn) is a privately held molecular diagnostics company and a pioneer in the field of Alternating Current Electrokinetics (ACE)-based diagnostics. At BioDyn, we are developing novel diagnostic solutions to screen, diagnose and manage high burden conditions, such as cancer. Our diverse team shares passion for improving patient care, a focus on cutting-edge technology, and a deep commitment to innovation, which shapes the future of our company and drives our innovative culture. To learn more about BioDyn, please visit our website, www.BiologicalDynamics.com, or feel free to view a TEDx Talk given by BioDyn’s Co-founder and CEO, Dr. Raj Krishnan, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsOYqJ4ShA.
Of immediate need to BioDyn is a full-time Executive Assistant to provide high-level administrative support to the leaders and team members alike, to include such activities as management of calendars, meeting planning and coordination, preparation of correspondence, documents and presentations, conducting research, handling information requests, performing advanced administrative functions and managing complex details. The ideal candidate for this position will possesses a can-do, will-do attitude which will be critical, as is the ability to recognize a need and, without direction or encouragement, be willing to act accordingly to meet the need or resolve the issue. S/he must also be effective at multi-tasking and maintaining a highly organized environment. In addition, the ideal candidate must be comfortable with, and thrive in, an entrepreneurial environment which necessitates a hands-on approach at all levels.
• Exercises independent judgment in relieving the leaders and team members of administrative details;
• Creates and maintains a well-organized and efficient office environment;
• Manages calendars, effectively communicates changes as needed and fosters an environment of promptness and timeliness;
• Answers and screens incoming calls with a focus on taking care of the callers’ needs in order to minimize the need for a hand off to others;
• Greets callers and visitors in a professional manner and assists with the handling of incoming mail and packages;
• Coordinates travel, onsite meetings and board meetings;
• Provides timely and organized information and correspondence;
• Develops and manages a confidential administrative and legal filing system;
• Creates and maintains a database of key information and reports;
• Fulfills the role of a project manager when needed to ensure the team members are on track and timely in their submission of reports, presentations and other materials;
• Responsible for meeting planning, including coordinating of reports, agendas, board packages, media, etc. Prepares agendas and attends meetings as requested;
• Manages reception area which could include the efficiency of processes and procedures, and coordination of schedules to ensure a secure facility during the company’s operating hours;
• Generates ideas that will streamline work and identifies issues that require immediate attention in the organization; and
• Performs other tasks as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- Communication skills: This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. The individual must have ability to compose correspondence using proper grammar, sentence structure and spelling and must be able to effectively communicate and interact with team members at all levels;
- Mathematical skills: Requires basic mathematical and analytical skills;
- Computer skills: Requires advanced working knowledge of MS Office software and strong working knowledge of PowerPoint presentation and graphics software. Experience with Gmail and Google docs is highly preferred;
- Reasoning ability and other skills: Requires above-average reasoning ability and the ability to maintain confidentiality. Requires excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. The individual must have ability to prioritize work and shift priorities quickly and handle multiple assignments and tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrates traits consistent with the company culture - drive and perseverance in accomplishing goals; sense of responsibility and integrity; effectiveness as a team member; adaptability to new projects; planning and organizational skills; resourcefulness; determination and motivation to accept and complete tasks and possessing of enthusiasm for the business and his/her work. A can-do, will-do attitude is critical as is the ability to recognize a need and, without direction or encouragement, be willing to act accordingly to meet the need or resolve the issue.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As well, s/he may occasionally be required to stand and/or move about the office. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, innovative team focused on developing cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to BioDyn.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biological Dynamics is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.