We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our fast-paced team in Commercial Operations to bring innovative cancer diagnostic products to market. This position is responsible for overall product lifecycle management with a focus to define market strategy for Clinical Diagnostics products and markets. Key activities include customer/market research, forecasting and financial analysis, obtaining customer VOC, identifying new business and market opportunities, defining and driving product initiatives from concept through commercialization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
· Oversees CDx product portfolio from development to commercial launch with responsibility for all pre-launch planning and go-to-market strategy for the Oncology segment.
· Collects customer inputs, competitive intelligence and market trends to build robust marketing plans and product roadmaps for the product portfolio: What markets to serve, what customers to serve, what channels to serve those customers?.
· Participates in researching, understanding and finally communicating the needs of customers to the marketing and project teams for these products.
· Ensures the use of VOC to assess market opportunities, market attractiveness, and develop products. Works with regions to identify and validate opportunities across the globe.
· Contributes to drive outbound marketing initiatives for a high-growth product line with clearly defined goals, objectives, critical success factors, timelines, budgets and action items.
· Assists in developing products that add value to the existing product portfolio.
· Leads in the creation of the complete and compelling product content for marketing content (campaigns, positioning, messaging, etc.) sales and support collateral, web, media, etc.
· Collaborates with internal teams (Product Development, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory) and external agencies to ensure strategic alignment and coordination of initiatives.
· Conducts & determines multi-generation product planning; responsible for ongoing profitability & growth, market share. Contributes to the alignment of strategies, resources and processes between Operations, R&D and Product Development.
· Performs Competitive Analysis; strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) (market segment or product segment)
· Contributes to, and updates over time, the relevant chapters of the Design Control documents, including the Customer Requirements Document (CRD) and the Product Requirements Document (PRD). Training will be provided.
· Participate on cross-functional teams including sales, manufacturing, operations, R&D, Quality, Regulatory, and downstream marketing to achieve market penetration and revenue goals.
· Participates in conducting and documenting user and customer interviews, and plans and executes focus group meetings with varying types of current and potential clients;
· Performs competitive research and benchmarking, to include the identification of key thought leaders in the industry;
· Drives, tracks, and forecasts relevant business metrics (revenue, growth targets, etc.);
· Coordinates and represent the company at industry events and during customer visits, conducts lead follow-up, and creates demonstrations that highlight the key values of the product
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences, MBA desired;
· Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
o Experience in diagnostics marketing and/or product management within the Clinical Diagnostics industry in Oncology;
o Demonstrated writing skills with customer-focused communications and PR
o Experience with Lab Developed Tests (LDT) or IVD diagnostic oncology products
o Experience with the design and execution of marketing programs and launches of clinical products and/or lab-developed tests in the US Oncology segment.
o Experience with both US and EU markets preferred;
· Experience with marketing to health care providers and clinical laboratories;
· Demonstrated Product development experience in clinical diagnostic testing including developing plans for
o 1) strategic fit of product,
o 2) product discontinuation strategy/life-cycle management,
o 3) drive product launch plans and initial go to market strategy, and
o 4) ongoing product profitability.
· Ability to develop promotional materials that are clear, coordinated, compliant and consistent with well-defined brand objectives & priorities
· Up-to-date laboratory skills and vernacular; an ability to work with researchers (internal and external).
· Excellent oral and written English communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to learn and communicate complex medical topics;
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills related to interfacing and establishing relationships with customers and key influencers to ensure that marketing decisions are customer-driven
· Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; comfortable with Salesforce and Google Docs; Sheets
· Ability to execute rapidly for immediate and measurable results
· Proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
· Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and with all levels of organization (End users to Sr. Executive level) and team members (internal and agencies)
· Ability to ask open questions and have strong listening skills.
· Problem solving ability and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion
Critical thinker with detail-oriented perspective