Job ID: ACCT18
Location: San Diego, California, USA
Based in San Diego, CA, Biological Dynamics, Inc. (BioDyn) is a privately held molecular diagnostics company and a pioneer in the field of Alternating Current Electrokinetics (ACE)-based diagnostics. At BioDyn, we are developing novel diagnostic solutions to screen, diagnose and manage high burden conditions, such as cancer. Our diverse team shares passion for improving patient care, a focus on cutting-edge technology, and a deep commitment to innovation, which shapes the future of our company and drives our innovative culture. To learn more about BioDyn, please visit our website, www.BiologicalDynamics.com, or feel free to view a TEDx Talk given by BioDyn’s Co-founder and CEO, Dr. Raj Krishnan, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMsOYqJ4ShA.
This solitary, in-house role will possess broad responsibility for all aspects of accounting, including data entry, maintenance of the general ledger, monthly closings, report generation and evaluation of the company’s financial performance against plan. Critical to the role will be the individual’s 1) strong technical accounting background, 2) ability to function autonomously, 3) high level of computer knowledge and skills, and 4) excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. In addition, the individual must be highly analytical and extremely well organized.
The role will be responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting activities, will involve establishing and monitoring systems, procedures and methodologies for the company. The specific responsibilities include:
• Processing of invoices from approval through entry, payment processing and mailing;
• Preparation of all journal entries for month-end closing;
• Reconciliation of bank accounts;
• Complete responsibility for closing of accounting books;
• Preparation of monthly financial statements;
• Preparation of data for annual outside audit;
• Preparation of monthly actual versus budget reports and explanation of variances; and
• Preparation of information for our Income Tax return, Sales and Use Tax return, Property Tax return, 1099 forms and other similar activities.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field;
• No less than 5 years of prior experience managing the entire accounting closing process;
• Experience and proficiency in the use of QuickBooks;
• A high level of expertise using Excel;
• Proficient computer skills;
• Effective verbal and written communications skills;
• Strong, well-developed organizational skills; and
• The ability to be a team player and interact effectively with a diverse work force.
What you should know about us: We possess an amazing culture where everyone works well together and respects one another. Our technology is ground breaking! We are very passionate about our mission which is to help save lives.
If you’re looking for an incredible place to work, and you possess the qualifications noted above, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic, innovative team focused on developing cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We offer a positive, diverse and exciting work environment with competitive pay structures and benefits. Biological Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer. To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual may be required to sit; use hands to touch, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. As well, s/he may occasionally be required to stand and/or move about the office. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job including close vision and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biological Dynamics is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.