This position is responsible for implementing marketing, communications, and other public relations programs and activities designed to increase awareness. This will be accomplished by aggressively and proactively executing on strategies that drive exposure and engagement with key influences, media, bloggers and other critical external audiences. By defining desired outcomes in advance and measuring against them, the successful Marketing Communications Specialist will help drive expected results for the business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Develops integrated marketing communications plan annually. Breaks down global plan into strategic and tactical roadmaps.
· Maintains and enforces corporate brand and product identity across all mediums and channels.
· Promotes and supports product launches.
· Places media buys, both magazine and digital.
· Manages the marketing interface with SalesForce.com inclusive of leads (E-blasts, Conventions, Social Media), VIP response cards.
· Executes E-Blasts to targeted physician groups. Maintains target lists for each specialty group.
· Provides coordination and management of trade shows, speaking engagements symposia, and other events.
· Manages vendors associated with marketing communications, ensuring quality and compliance of the externally generated collateral
· Networks and fosters relationships with identified professional agencies as needed, such as advertising, PR, marketing firms, media outlets, and vendors.
· Manages process by which marketing pieces are printed.
· Recommends and participates in the creation Biological Dynamics brand strategy and guidelines; ensures that all company promotions and activities adhere to the strategy.
· Executes company’s daily social media strategy to engage customers and grow our community.
· Finds relevant content for all social media channels.
· Monitors conversations on all social channels 7 days a week.
· Posts 3x/week, blog writing and email campaigns.
· Manages website analytics and provide analysis and direction to Marketing Directors on how to maximize SEO via a monthly report.
· Be responsible for driving traffic from social channels.
· Increases the number of fans and followers month over month.
· Reports any urgent situation to marketing immediately and helps craft the appropriate plan of action.
· Seeks out and gains knowledge of social media trends and new applications.
· Provides direction to bloggers and manages what they are saying.
· Learns & assumes responsibilities from our current public relations consultant.
· On-going monitoring of both corporate and patient websites.
· On-going updating of content for both websites with marketing approvals.
· Creates logos, brochures, display panels, banner displays, business cards, magazine ads, e-blasts, etc.
· Designs presentations for booth monitors at national tradeshows.
· Prints collateral from conception through production.
· Develops and executes graphic designs for sales and marketing collateral materials such as case study reports, convention door drops, educational pieces, physician summary reports, patient brochures, etc.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or combination of education and applicable work experience.
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
3-5 year’s work experience in marketing, communications, advertising, PR, or online marketing.
Dedicated to the use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, interest and more to build community with an understanding of social media analytics.
Experience with SEO and social media’s impact on SEO.
Experience with MD’s, laboratories, hospitals, biopharmaceutical and/or public relations firms a plus.
An in-depth knowledge with proven metrics of the social media universe including YouTube, Facebook, Facebook marketing, Twitter, Twitter marketing, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, LinkedIn and more.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and with all levels of organization and team members (internal and agencies)
Demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and monthly metrics.
Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and PowerPoint on both PC and MAC.
· Ability to develop promotional materials that are clear, coordinated, compliant and consistent with well-defined brand objectives & priorities
Excellent oral and written English communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to learn and communicate complex medical topics;
Adept at problem solving and decision-making with strong analytical abilities.
Ability to plan and execute complex projects strategically and autonomously.
Ability to work quickly and effectively while being flexible and taking direction well.
·Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills related to interfacing and establishing relationships with customers and key influencers to ensure that marketing decisions are customer-driven
Proficiency in the use of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; comfortable with Salesforce and Google Docs; Sheets
Ability to execute rapidly for immediate and measurable results
Proactive with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sense of urgency
·Must have a professional manner, and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within cross-functional teams and with all levels of organization and team members (internal and agencies)